South India Divine Tour Package
While most Indians visit North India for its snow-capped mountains and lovely weather, South India is more favoured by beach lovers and religious pilgrims who are interested in South India’s divine tour packages. It is true that while the deccan has plenty of natural gems to boast of, it is the spectral temples that catch the fancy of most tourists. Have your parents also been insisting on undertaking a divine South tour? Then all you have to do to surprise them is choose a South India religious tour package from a wide array of options available on IRCTC Tourism and send them on a memorable journey. You won’t even have to worry about the hotel accommodation, transfers, security, meals or anything else as everything is included in the tour package. It truly is a fulfilling experience that will bring them so much peace, joy and tranquility that you will be tempted to take the trip for yourself as well! More than religion, these sacred places offer a unique divinity and spirituality, a holy aura that fills the tourists with feelings of kindness and compassion. But choosing the right South India divine tour package can be quite challenging, especially if you’re unfamiliar with some of the pilgrim destinations. So, to make this decision easier for you, we’ll highlight some of the best destinations in South India that are perfect for a divine South tour.
- 1. Puri: A myriad of tourist attractions can be found in this famous city synonymous with Lord Jagannath. As one of the four major pilgrimage sites for Hindus, Puri is dotted with numerous ancient temples that hold not only religious significance but also muster a lot of architectural and historical value. This old city of ‘the Lord, the Cult and the Ocean’ in Odisha is a visual delight with its awe-inspiring temple architecture, pristine beaches and craft villages. Pay homage at illustrious temples such as Alarnath Temple, Loknath Temple, Jambeswara Temple and of course, the Shri Jagannath Puri temple. The limitless beauty and charm of this place goes way beyond its air of divine spirituality and enthusiastic religiosity that you won’t find elsewhere. The annual RathYatra is the best time to visit this temple and be swept away by the religious energy that surrounds the city at that time. But if you’re looking for a peaceful time with yourself, then the golden sand beaches on the coats of Bay of Bengal offer the perfect retreat for some calm meditation. If you’re ready to witness the grandeur of this little city, then it is time to book your South India religious tour package!
- 2. Rameshwaram: As one of the four pilgrimage places i.e. the Char Dham, Rameshwaram holds a special attraction to Hindus, especially the followers of Lord Shiva. Famously touted as the Varanasi of South, the town charms the travellers with its historic Dravidian style temples and engaging legendary tales. Standing firmly in the middle of India and Sri Lanka, this island city is a highly popular pilgrim destination as it promises to quench their thirst for spirituality. The place also has special significance for devotees of Lord Ram as it is believed that he started his journey to reach Sita from Rameshwaram and the famous ‘Ram Setu’ bridge to Lanka bears testimony to his journey. Of course, the Sri Ramanathaswamy Temple is a must-visit here. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, it has two lingas inside the temple, a hall of 1000 pillars, temple tanks and various other shrines that will fascinate you to no end. Other famous temples in the area include Dhanoshkodi Temple, Panch-Mukhi Hanuman Temple and several Tirthas that are sprawled throughout this religious little town. In case there is some time left after admiring the remarkable architecture of these splendid temples, you can also enjoy a quiet walk on the Rameshwaram beach. A South India divine tour package is definitely incomplete without a trip to Rameshwaram.
- 3. Tirupati: A paradise for pilgrims, Tirupati is an ancient city in Andhra Pradesh that is famous for its centuries-old temples and Tirumala hills. As the second oldest rock mountains in the world, these hills are surrounded by an air of legend and intrigue. Sri Venkateswara Temple on the seventh peak of Tirumala hills is one of the most famous temples in India. The richest temple in the world, it is celebrated for its divinity and all the people who visit the shrine experience peace. There are other temples in Tirupati that might catch your fancy such as Sri Govindarajaswami Temple, Srikalahasti, Kanipaka, etc. Tirupati is a holy land of temples and if you’re looking for the perfect South India divine tour package, then Tirupati should be on top of your itinerary. The Brahmotsavam festival in September attracts tourists from far and wide as they visit the temples to pay their respects and witness the religious fervour that envelops this city.
So, now that you know about these holy cities and their most prominent temples, are you ready to choose that amazing South India divine tour package? You just have to complete the bookings and the rest will be taken care of. A South Indian religious tour package will be ideal for your entire family and it will give you an opportunity to create some lasting bonds! So, let the holy spirit guide you and the journey fill you with an everlasting peace.
Frequently Asked Question –
1. Is there a dress code to enter temples in South India?
While most temples in South India don't adhere to a strict dress code, some temples like the Padmanabhaswamy Temple allows men only in dhotis/ mundu and women in a sari, churidar or a South Indian half sari.
2. When should I plan my trip to Kerala?
Kerala with its natural backwaters and famous temples is one of the most popular tourist destinations. The peak season starts in September and ends in April as it is slightly cooler during these months.
3. How do I visit all the temples in South India?
Book a South India Divine Tour package on IRCTC Tourism and pay homage at all the illustrious temples of South India. Leave all the planning to us and enjoy your trip care-free.
4. What are Madurai and Rameshwaram primarily known for?
One of the biggest attractions for pilgrims visiting Madurai is the Meenakshi Temple. In Rameshwaram, it is the Ramanathaswamy Temple that attracts devotees from far and wide throughout the year.
5. Do South India Divine Tours include places other than temples?
While the major part of the itinerary is dedicated to visiting temples, there is an opportunity for sightseeing in most package tours on IRCTC Tourism. Users can also modify the itinerary and ask for customized tour packages.